Skip to content



Frequently Asked Questions

We provide answers to your most frequent questions. If you do not find the answer to your question here or wish to clarify anything, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

General questions

What do you offer and what financial or other risks do I face from working with you?

There are no hidden risks from working with us. The initial consultation and case analysis is free of charge. Our company offers clients a high level of comfort and certainty in the subsequent recovery of compensation. As part of our full service, we provide clients with the services of a specialized law firm, cooperating experts, and other professionals. Our cooperation with clients is based on the principle of “no win, no fee”, i.e., the agreed fee is only drawn from the successfully recovered compensation. However, in the event that compensation is not recovered, we will not claim any remuneration from you.

What can you do to help me in settling the claim? Why should I have you represent me? I can take the completed forms to the insurance company myself and the insurance company will pay me without any problems.

In these situations, it is important to remember that the insurance company is not your partner, but a counterparty. Thus, it is not in the insurance company’s interest to pay to the maximum extent possible, as the insurance company always protects its own interests first and foremost. In our experience, we know that the insurance company usually pays to the basic extent and thus tries to close the case as quickly as possible. However, it usually does not inform the injured party of other claims that he or she has neglected to claim or has only partially claimed. These are often large sums, often exceedingly even the basic compensation paid. With us, you can be sure that you have received the maximum possible compensation.

The treating doctor does not want to fill in my pain and suffering form. Can I contact you?

Yes, we provide all clients with an evaluation of their claims by carefully selected cooperating experts in the field. We know from experience that even in cases where a doctor is willing to complete the forms, they often inadvertently complete them incorrectly and can ultimately deprive you of large amounts of compensation. So, when you work with us, you can be sure that all claims will be valued correctly and at the appropriate amount.

Traffic accidents

What can be recovered from the compulsory liability insurance?

If you are injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for damage to the vehicle that caused the accident, compensation for damage to property (e.g., damaged clothing, telephone) and, if you suffer personal injury, compensation for personal injury. In the case of personal injury, you can claim compensation for the pain you have suffered so far, the costs of your health care (medical treatment, travel to medical facilities, costs of caring for an uninsured person), loss of earnings and, in the case of more permanent damage, loss of amenity.

How a traffic accident investigation works?

The severity of the injuries sustained by a victim in a car accident usually determines whether the accident and the actions of the person at fault will be handled as a misdemeanour or felony. Determining what significant road traffic duty, the at-fault party violated is also a relevant consideration. When investigating a traffic accident, a traffic expert is usually appointed to determine the course of the accident and a medical expert is appointed to determine the extent of the injuries related to the accident. On the basis of the evidence taken, the police authority usually decides whether the offence is to be assessed as a criminal offence and then prosecutes the guilty party or refers the accident investigation to an administrative authority for a decision.

Is a passenger also entitled to compensation?

If you, as a passenger, suffer personal injuries in a traffic accident without breaking traffic regulations yourself (for example, by not wearing your seat belt), you are entitled to compensation from the liability insurance of the person at fault in all circumstances. This applies even if the driver of the vehicle in which you were sitting in the passenger seat was at fault. It does not matter whether the driver is your partner, a relative, a person otherwise close to you or, on the contrary, a person practically unknown to you. If you are a passenger of the person at fault, you are equally a victim of a car accident. As drivers are legally obliged to pay their compulsory insurance, you can claim compensation directly from the driver’s insurance company. So don’t be afraid, if you suffer injuries in a car accident caused by your loved one’s carelessness, to make a personal injury claim against their insurance company. Compensation is thus possible without further punishing the person at fault for the accident. 

Do I have the right to compensation in the event of a public transport accident?

If you have been involved in a public transport accident (bus, train, etc.) and you have suffered personal injury as a result of this accident, you are entitled to the same compensation as in the case of an ordinary traffic accident – specifically, compensation for the pain you have suffered and for the costs associated with your health care (e.g. the cost of medication, rehabilitation, as well as the cost of travel to a medical facility associated with this injury). It also includes loss of earnings or impairment of social life (permanent consequences). In the first instance, the above-mentioned compensation can be claimed from the liability insurer of the vehicle that caused the accident, in which case the compensation is covered by the so-called compulsory liability insurance. Alternatively, compensation may also be claimed from the insurer of the means of transport in question (e.g., a bus) which was involved in the accident but was not at fault, under so-called strict liability.

Work accidents

What does an accident at work mean?

The term “work-related injury” means any injury to an employee’s health (including death, if applicable) that occurs as a result of or in connection with the performance of work tasks. A work-related accident can happen to anyone, even those who are performing a seemingly perfectly safe job. For example, a sprained ankle caused by a fall down a flight of stairs on the way to the marketing department could be a workplace accident. 

What about accidents on the way to and from work? What about injuries while travelling for work?

If the injury only occurred on the way to the workplace, or after leaving the workplace after work hours, there is no connection to the performance of work duties and thus any injury will not be treated as work-related. On the other hand, if the injury happens on the way to a work meeting or directly on the way to work, it will be in the performance of work duties, so there is a connection to the performance of work and these injuries can be considered work-related.

The employer does not want to issue a record of the work injury or does not want to start performing on the work injury? I have not violated workplace safety. Can you help me?

Unfortunately, situations like this are fairly common in workplace accidents. In this case, we will arrange for representation by a specialized law firm, initiate communication directly with the employer, and ask them to issue an injury record. We will then take over all negotiations with the employer and insurance company to recover fair compensation for your work injury. 

Is COVID-19 considered an occupational disease?

COVID-19 can be an occupational disease. Typically, this will be the case, for example, for teachers who have been shown to have contracted the disease through contact with students, i.e., in the course of their work. We will be happy to look at your specific case in detail and evaluate the possibilities for cooperation.

Medical malpractice

What does non lege artis mean?

A non lege artis practice is not literally explained or defined in any legislation. In general, however, non lege artis is considered to be a medical practitioner’s action in contravention of the rules contained in the Health Services Act and in contravention of the professional standards set out in the Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine, or in contravention of the general regulations of the Czech Medical Association or the rules and statutes of professional societies. Whether an act is non lege artis, i.e., misconduct by a doctor, will have to be assessed on an individual basis, taking into account all aspects of the case. On the basis of the foregoing, it is therefore clear that expert opinions will play a crucial role in this group of cases. 

I suspect medical malpractice - how should I proceed? Do you have experience with such cases, and can you help me?

Our specialty includes personal injury cases resulting from medical malpractice. In these cases, we will work with an expert witness to verify, based on the relevant medical records, whether medical malpractice occurred and whether your injury is directly causally related to that malpractice. We will provide you with a dedicated law firm and have a point-by-point evaluation of your pain, permanent impairment, and other claims. We will then begin to negotiate compensation on your behalf, first out of court and, in situations where the other party is unwilling to perform, through the courts.

What specific claims do I have for injuries caused by a medical procedure?

In cases where there is malpractice in a medical procedure or the provision of medical care, victims may seek compensation for: 

– Pain 

– Costs related to medical treatment 

– Lost profits 

– Impairment of social integration

Contact us

We will assess your claim free of charge and get back to you.

Feel free to fill in our non-binding form and provide a brief description of your case. We will then assess whether you have a personal injury claim free of charge, agree how to proceed and deal with the case comprehensively on your behalf.